With the Lineweight control, you can view the current lineweight of a selected object, change an object’s lineweight, and make a lineweight current.
The Lineweight control displays BYLAYER, BYBLOCK, and all of the available lineweights. The six most recently used lineweights appear at the top of the list.
The lineweight displayed in the Lineweight control depends on the current selection set:
- No objects selected: Displays the current lineweight. When you create new objects, the lineweight applied to those objects is the lineweight that you have made current.
- One object selected: Displays the selected object’s assigned lineweight.
- Multiple objects selected: If all selected objects are of the same lineweight, displays that lineweight. If the selected objects are of various lineweights, the Lineweight control is blank. If the lineweight of all of the selected objects is BYLAYER, the Lineweight control displays BYLAYER, but only displays a sample of the lineweight if all layers represented in the selection set are the same lineweight.
The BYLAYER and BYBLOCK lineweight values are dynamic, depending on the drawing environment.
- BYLAYER: The object’s lineweight is determined by the lineweight assigned to the object’s layer.
- BYBLOCK: The object’s lineweight is determined by the lineweight assigned to the object’s block. If the object is not yet a part of an inserted block, its lineweight is 0, which is the thinnest line that the plotting device can plot. AutoCAD displays the 0 lineweight at 1 pixel. If the object is part of an inserted block, its lineweight is the lineweight that was current when you inserted the block.
The following procedures describe how to work with the Lineweight control on the Object Properties toolbar. For more detailed information about lineweights, see “Working with Lineweights.”
To change an object’s lineweight
- Select the objects whose lineweights you want to change.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, choose the Lineweight control.
- Choose a lineweight.
AutoCAD applies the chosen lineweight to all selected objects.
System variables If LWDISPLAY is set to 0 (off), lineweights are not displayed in the drawing area. You can toggle this system variable using the Lwt button on the status bar.
To make a lineweight current
- With no objects selected, on the Object Properties toolbar, choose the Lineweight control.
- Choose the lineweight that you want to make current.
Command line LWEIGHT